View Single Post
Old 10-03-2011, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier View Post
I think this idea is great and applaud you for contributing this, however I have some questions to the reasoning behind the tanks, APCs and trucks.

Where exactly do all of these armored vehicles come from? A look at the Soviet troops in the area reflects the scarcity of armor.

It wasn't long before 1999 that much of Chinese army was leg mobile. Would it not be more realistic to have all of these units light infantry with perhaps only small armored force as a operational maneuver group for the Corps.
The order of battle is the paper one. The sort of thing that delusional bunker-bound senior REMFs consult while pushing unit counters around a map table. The composition notes are for what they would look like under ideal conditions, or when they were originally established.

Most of the motorised rifles would be straight-leg, and even so-called tank units would likely have armored cars instead of tracks.

As far as I've imagined (work in progress disclaimer) the Manchurian People's Republic, and its Army are largely public relations exercises and an attempt to make up for a shortage of Soviet troops.

As for the "pyramids of glowing rubble" notions, my thinking is that most of the tactical nukes in the east were aimed at pursuing PLA formations, airfields, railyards, etc. I expect that the Beijing and Shanghai regions would be serving as a nightlight for the Australians, though.