View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Thanks, Paul. That info was helpful.

I think maybe Copeab is refering the right-sided feed of the PKM, vis-a-vis left-sided NATO GPMGs, but that's just a guess on my part.

Any idea how difficult it would be to covert a ring mount to accept a non-compatible weapon system. For example, let's say the PCs have pintle mounts for M60s or M240s but the weapons themselves are damaged beyond repair or out of ammo. The PCs acquire an MG3 and a PKM. What would it take to modify or jury rig a functioning pintle mount.
probably an easy:mechanic roll would do it. The guns themselves have attachment points built into them. Then you attach an adapter to that, which then gets slipped into the pintle mount itself. Its that adapter you'd have to fabricate, but you could probably jimmy one up with some rebar and a welder pretty easily.

here is a good pic of a custom made one for an M240 that will give you an idea.

http://s220.photobucket.com/user/bla...radle.jpg.html

I know nothing about the different pintle mounts themselves - I'd imagine, and if my ancient memory serves me right, that there are mounts for light guns (m240, m60), and heavy guns (M2, Mk19 etc)., but I honestly can't remember for the life of me.