View Single Post
Old 08-13-2015, 02:52 PM

Wink A wheel Gun?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milano View Post
Maybe I am a bit old fashioned, and certainly it is not a suitable combat weapon when compared to High Powers Glocks etc. With all of that being said, the Colt Peacemaker! I have several and monkeys can fix it, IF it breaks. It's too simple to though. 4.75 inch barrel 44-40. A 200 grain pill at almost 1,000 f/s! If the 1911 can do it well, it's predecessor does it with style.
I carried an S and W Model 19 in 4" long after others had gone to semi auto.

Why? Because of a long history and being very comfortable with it but that was law enforcement and I did not expect to be in a long drawn out shoot out, although the one time I had to shoot a man and killed him was after he and four officers had emptied their weapons at each other at less than ten yards and he had run into his home and gotten a semi auto Browning rifle.

Two of the Officers had .357 revolvers and two had 9mm semi autos. I had trained the two Deputies and lost a bit of confidence in them and my teaching skills. Later when he came out to finish two officer that had taken cover behind a Police vehicle forty-nine rounds were expended by him and Officers. He was hot once, by me, with a .223 Mini fourteen.
The peace maker is a fine weapon for up to six rounds and maybe more if you have good cover and backup while you reload, the Smith 19 loads fairly quick but still is a six shooter, I can still get off twelve rounds in seven to eight seconds into a three inch circle at seven yards, but I can get two mags into the same circle in under fifteen seconds with any semi auto.
SOOOOO…. If it is a combat situation then I will go with a 1911.
Tis better to see them afor they see you.