Thread: CONUS Factions
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2024, 01:41 AM

I've used military units turned warlords, POWs employed as American MPs to help a local politician keep power and eliminate rivals. Gangs of criminals that are fighting each other over a few different states. Collective towns fighting over resources, National guard units trying to create there own kingdoms or territory.

My favorite that I've used is a shadow agency of the us government that has made it there mission to collect certain resources and materials to try an mold there versions or create there own puppet government. In every area of the US that players have been, they have been employed by or come across members that are working towards there current goal of launching a new communication satellite. The players believe that they are attempting to launch a nuclear missile and are trying to figure out how this group is going to do it.

I also have my NPC Captain Kohl of the German army. He's a true neutral character that will do anything to accomplish his own personal goal of killing Russians to avenge his family he believes dead in Europe. My player have encountered his restructured marauder force he used to supply his own men to move south from Michigan, again in Kentucky where they where forced to confiscate heavy weapons he traded to local towns (after coming across a small artillery exchange between two towns with no idea how to properly use them) to gain fuel and food, Memphis area he was recruiting men and trading more heavy weapons to local towns, soon to run into him again in Louisiana as he has passed thru the military base there on his way to texas.

I try to mess with my brother and keep him interested in the mystery of these different groups as he tries to accomplish his own goals of reuniting milgov and civgov and one of his PCs wants to be the next president lol.