View Single Post
Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by helbent4 View Post
Nate,

As a point of terminology, Canada's formal name is the "Dominion of Canada", although Canada is acceptable in formal use, too. Canada has never been called a "Commonwealth", although it is technically a confederation. (That is, the birth of Canada is called "Confederation".)

I think we should be a 2nd Tier nation, dad-gummit!

Tony
I know Tony, i went with Commonwealth of Canada since it's several hundred years (and post Twilight War) some things have changed. Canada became a commonwealth instead of a 'Dominion'... this is how they got Quebec back into the government. While the British Monarchy is still the head of state, Canada has a lot more republican style of government (a popular election of the Governor General from candidates nominated by the Monarchy). Post-Twilight War the British Monarchy has shifted away from just being ceremonial and figureheads... they have seen a resurgence of their power. From birth the Royals are raised in a manner stepped in public service and putting the needs of the average citizen above their own (something VERY few know about is the British Monarchy has their children spend a year as 'commoners' with families selected from a special lottery).
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.