View Single Post
Old 02-09-2021, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegyrius View Post
This is partly driven by my own professional interest, but one set of agencies I see missing in this inventory is the Federal Emergency Management Agency and its state/territorial counterparts. FEMA would have owned the national civil defense mission and a large chunk of continuity of government measures, and it and the state agencies would have tried to coordinate relief for the cities that came under nuclear attack.

- C.
I wasn't really looking at FEMA since I was thinking more along the lines of where all the executive departments would have filtered. In addition doing some reading on something else related to the intelligence agencies of the US, just how many branches of the Executive Department had their own intelligence bureaus/branches.

I was just thinking of how many of them would still be trying to do work some where or some how. Add in the number that had law enforcement branches. I just thought of how many could be regional power or even be places where they are either marauders or some major power in a region (even if they are the power in charge in some city).

I know there are some other agencies that don't have executive branch representation in the Cabinet but are part of the government and would be important. It would be fun to try and parse some of those out in another thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
To sum up today's discussion, I don't think there's any set answer. I think which direction a particular field office/branch goes depends on the alignment of the parent fed'l agency, the predominant local/regional faction, and whether or not there's a common enemy in the area.

-
I wasn't sure if was a good answer one way or another. Just trying to come up with something to help me think about what the rest of the government is doing when the split happens.