View Single Post
Old 02-18-2009, 01:36 AM

Exclamation New Damage Rules -update- Important Read !

After considering recent feedback I think a compromise on the damage rules is needed.Some of you think its boring that PCs survive , some of you like it the way they are .Some want alittle change .

(Devil - see I changed those rules that you said needed changing the time we playe dthe Belize jungle mission !)

While keeping the elements that everybody knows from the original rules in the book such as critical hits ,loss of consciousness when below zero etc the rules have been made less severe by the fact that I suggest that we no longer kill PC instantly if critical to the head .Instead there is a table for each hit location and this details effects if a critical hit is scored .

In game that would mean that there is at least a 10% chance of a critical hit almost in all instances -some ,like explosions with a lot of concussion and high caliber guns will have much higher values -like 90 or 100 % chance.

This doesnt mean that life is without end though - I have sharpened the following rules :

bleeding to death - in the book only critical level wounds bled you out .
In MY glorious rules , serious wounds will bleed you out in 10 minutes.
Critical level wounds in 5 minutes .

I also sharpened the difficulty in giving first aid ,making it more and more difficult to treat the more grave the wound is -a critical level wound now requires a difficult medical check to stop the bleeding .A serious wound takes an average check .slight is easy but is only to avoid longer term effects -not to stop imminent death!

And lastly, the complication rules have been sharpened as well now relying on a con check to avoid infections etc and the possibilities of the surgeon have been limited to a certain number of attempts to perform surgery pr 24 hrs

!!!I am open to suggestions on this so pour the feedback on !!!

Most important read people -please log on to thebigbookofwar and check it out .

Let me know what you think

HQ