View Single Post
Old 09-13-2015, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsofian View Post
I figured it was between 8 and 12 feet. in diameter.
That seems unnecessarily large, and I still don't see why a circular stair. If they are going to use it for any kind of heavy cargo they would definitely need an elevator, and that would make stealthy entrances and exits difficult (as does the sheer size of the opening!) and would make anything other than an emergency ladder impractical. If it is just going to be a couple of Recon teamers or a couple of repairmen, antenna guys climb that far every day - I would make it a narrow tunnel with a ladder and make them climb.

Quote:
It is possible that there was also an elevator package for it, but that in the events surrounding the destruction of the base the elevator was never constructed. Even if it was I suspect that in the effort to make it hard to get into the base the elevator would have been wrapped in det cord and was reduced to a heap of wreckage at the bottom of the shaft.
An external elevator structure would be a beacon that would be noticeable for a long distance, and an internal elevator would not work well with your overall concept. This is basically a postern, I wouldn't make it big or complicated or it just becomes a weak point.

Quote:
In fact a "Killer PD" would have the bottom of the shaft flooded to a few feet above the top of the entrance doors and the water would be filled with the shattered, jagged and rusty debris of the elevator.

Is that too cruel?
Depends on the circumstances. Is it the only entrance? How do the doors open? What kind of gear do they have?