View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 07:10 AM

My group, in which I GM, we started with the Version 1 rules standard Polish campaign with a mixed bag of NATO troops Brits/Canadians/US (and a US Officer who is actually Israeli secret service). I threw in a bit of stuff of my own and gave them a free rein to do/become whatever they liked.

It was interesting to see the 2 main Officers, a Brit and an American, neither really asserted themselves. The main influencing charachter seems to be the ex-criminal ex-NCO busted down to private. Despite this, they are still roughly working as Milgov. They returned to the US (inc Brits/Canadians) in Going Home, were sent out to Texas to investigate/intell gather (Red Star, Lone Star) and thats where a real cruel bit occured.

Spoiler - dont read on if plan on playing in Gateway to the Spanish Main

One of my players really enjoyed Texas and after successfully getting a reward from the Ranchers - he had been working hard on his equestrian skill - and got himself a prize stallion which he named...so when they were leaving on the tramp steamer back to the East seaboard he bought passage for his pride and joy. Not long into the voyage they hear the cry torpedo, (DM - me - doesnt know whether to laugh or cry). And the player announces his first action is to risk his life to take a weapon to prevent the horse suffering! I couldnt let him pay the price for this so they survive the sinking. Later, when they are bobbing about in the sea they see some potential useful wreckage floating about and paddle towards it - what did the cruel DM decide the flotsam was? A saddle

Anyway - now they are sailing from Grenada to investigate pirates on a nearby island and to belatedly answer the OP - they seem to want to stay as a group seeing survival in relatively trusted team and still hold ties to Milgov however this is pretty loose particularly with non-US members. It wouldnt surprise me if they break away at some point to do something as a group venture.