View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlearmies
Funnily enough we have a veggie who works in our office and at our office party I asked if the reason she was a vegetarian was moral or because she didn't like eating cute furry animals or she just didn't like meat. She replied that she didn't think it was moral to kill something else just so she could eat.
I'm tempted to say that is madness but that would be intolerant of me. Anyone who uses a mirror to take a look inside their mouth can clearly see that we humans are omnivores. Throwing millions of years of evolution out the window because you think fluffy critters are too cute to eat seems a little odd to me. However I can sort of see where someone is coming from if they decide not to eat meat because they wouldn't be prepared to kill, gut and skin an animal themseves. The meat I eat tends to be from types of animals I have killed and eaten in the past or would be prepared to hunt. I don't eat beef very often because I'm not too keen on the idea of killing, gutting and skinning a cow. That would be a really big job.

Last edited by Targan; 02-02-2009 at 08:39 AM.