Thread: North Carolina
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2015, 09:45 PM

We got to town. Fixed a lot of boilers. Getting a boat here and heading down coast to wilmington. Weaver got himself a job at the pysker’s guild, loaned him the entry fee. His initiation task was filtering water down in the slums. Came along for giggles. While he was trying to give himself an aneurysm, went ahead and built them a water filter. Really just needed to dump some activated charcoal in there. Fifteen minutes of work, four months of clean water, more if they remember to change the filter like I said. Bit easier than an hour of work for an hour of water.

Leaving town. Been a fairly dull ride. Lots of vomiting. Doc put something in my coffee to keep it down. Didn’t work as well on him sadly. Watching a boat in the distance. Looks like pirates. Should probably tell everyone else.

All that prep for nothing. Weaver set just about all of them on fire. Captured the others. Found a letter of marque, apparently they were head-hunting for us on orders of Kentucky. Lovely day. Just what I needed, more stress.
Made it to Wilmington. The general was less open to diplomacy than I hoped. Tried to talk him out of it, but he’s a hard ass. Talked with his aide, found out the next in line is more amiable to the proposal. Triumverate of them rule the place, one’s already on our side, other two oppose. So if something were to happen to one of the latter, we have our majority.

Wish Command was up. Wouldn’t have to make these kind of calls. Mean, good of the many and all that, but what if we get caught? Or if they don’t believe us? And then there’s all the big picture to think about. We start here, are we going to do this every time anyone gets stubborn? Is this next general even competent? Is this right?

Mean, I already sent Leo to poison the man’s coffee half an hour ago, but it’s something to think about. And then ignore. Fucker’s between the state and survival, he dies. Don’t have time for niceties. Course, might regret that if this goes to hell.

Leo’s back, and the job’s done. Jarheads bought the story, and we’re in the clear. Idiots. Heading back to Lexington, for something didn’t really catch. When we get there, going to call up the MARS teams, get ready for mess. Hopefully they’re still functioning. Really don’t want to do this alone.