View Single Post
Old 03-31-2012, 11:46 AM

Default Comments

Great article - if it's OK with you I might nick a few bits for my history.

A few observations:

* There are a number of Value Engineered Abbots there that could be added to the British ORBAT.

* I saw somebody refer to the unit as the Waterloo Brigade in commemoration of the last Anglo-German (well Prussian) alliance. You might want to use that.

* You are in luck with German tank names - this morning I found a new fact that they are sometimes given the surname of their commanders (at least in the Leopard 1).

* As a background touch the Cheshires wear an oak leaf behind the cap badge when parading before royalty, maybe they adopt a Maple leaf when parading in front of Canadian leaders?

* Bear in mind Canadian Militia Bns are really companies in size.

* Love the touch of the repainted Leopard.

* Some of the uniforms will have worn out and probably been replaced with Canadian equivalents. Maybe in a museum is a flecktarn with Canadian insignia (inc national flash) but a German name.

* Would the panzer Bn have mixed tanks? If you want Leopard Is maybe a recce unit?

* The distinctive paint scheme has been used in the UK, I've seen them at Warminster over the last 5 years at least. I have a recollection of seeing it on the TV series "Soldier Soldier" at the same place in the mid-late 90s. Possibly returned from Canada and not repainted?

Once again great work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
Morning all,

Attached a short piece that attempts to expand slightly on the Anglo German Brigade first mentioned in the article on Canada in Challenge #30. All references to the situation in Canada are taken from the same article.

Comments / feedback / thoughts are most welcome. In particular if anyone knows of any German support formations that may have been based at Shilo or can advise of if German units name their tanks (and if so how they select names)?

Note the piece is based on V1, hence several references to the G11 rifle.