View Single Post
Old 04-01-2012, 08:56 AM

Cheers Dude, I'll change the Royal Hampshires' Companies to A, Y, and Z in the next draft (with B still going to Cyprus).

With regard to the unit strengths, like the locations, the figures for the Cheshires, Hampshires, and the two German Battalions are taken directly from the Challenge article - that's what the writer of that article gave them, so I've stuck with that (I'm inclined to agree with you in that they should be stronger than that). The Hussar Squadron and the support units are my own figures (I did ponder whether or not the Hussars should have more tanks, but didn't want to push it given the Germans only have nine for their entire Battalion...)

We can probably attribute any reduction in manpower to four factors:

1. Combat losses suffered in action against marauder groups

2. Losses to disease

3. Desertion - it's probable that numbers of personnel would have established ties in the Suffield / Shilo areas - wives, girlfriends, kids, etc - so may have deserted rather than leave those areas

4. Volunteers attached to the Canadian Forces fighting the Quebec Separatists. (There may be entire Companies from the Cheshires and the 81st Pazer Grenadiers attached to the Canadians).