View Single Post
Old 01-06-2010, 01:52 PM
The Good Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
John it all up to you on what you choose to do. Trooper, our other Finnish member, recently posted the Finnish Nuclear addendum for Europe and I found it very helpful for my European strike map.

IMO
Summaries are fine. Those might lead question and answer threads if you are up to that.

Snippets are of course ok under fair use laws. I would think up to a page or so.

Anything beyond that would probably be best not discussed in a public forum.
I also have the Finnish Nordic countries sourcebook, so I can also post snippets of that here, if people want (though I presume Trooper has already posted the central things of those).

OK, I'll see what I can post. I was thinking of first posting a summary of the Finnish writers' intro where they explain what differences there are to the previous edition and how it differs from the American version. It's not something little either, for the Finnish book has Russia led by Vladimir Zhirinovski go to war against China in Jan. 1996! Though China actually fires the first shot after a crapload of provocations, but the enemy is Russia, not the USSR. The POD is after the anti-Yeltsin coup attempt of Oct. 3rd 1993, wherein Yeltsin is forced to rely on the army more. China becomes more unstable, too.

I was also thinking of posting translated snippets about the situation in various parts of the world in case it differs from the US version (I've never owned the US version, so I don't know).

Of course the book also contains technical details like character creation, game master, time & travel, battle rules and meeting rules, but those might be redundant. Not to mention that posting all of those would consume a hell of a lot of time and, IMHO, would come dangerously close to breaking those laws!

How does this sound (of course I'd be posting them in their own threads)?