Thread: Twilight 2025
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2021, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
That's an interesting point, and I'm having a hard time of thinking of a slow-burn war post-Desert Storm. The only one that springs to mind is Saudi Arabia's war in Yemen.

Before the Gulf War, 20th century wars usually took a while to spin up. One could argue WW2 started with the Japanese invasion of Manchuria in 1931, or German annexation of the Sudetenland in '38, or reoccupation of the Rhineland in '39 (or heck, with the Treaty of Versailles in 1918). I've seen a couple of historians claim that WW2 was simply a continuation of WWI. And the Vietnam War arguably begean with French recolonization in 1945, making it a nearly 30-year long conflict.

BTW, nearly all the flashpoints so far mentioned in this thread factor into Rainbow Six and my 2030 timeline (written back in 2014).

https://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.php?t=5514

-
Sooo...

Nowadays it seems that flashpoints are trending to fizzle out or become just-less-than-hot-war.

Attached is a framework of a timeline from 2020 - 2025, drawing on real events up through this May (early) and on events scheduled for the future - I'm still piecing together the Belarus airline forced landing...

As you can see, the only *really* juicy pieces to look at are Belarus and Myanmar, and some Russia-Ukraine squabbling. Everything else is relatively minor. What might be of import would be how the world ends up viewing the COVID-19 situation - what-if scenarios of China having purposely released the virus could help make things turn hot, as could European responses to Belarus or Taliban actions after the US pulls the last of its troops from Afghanistan.
Attached Files
File Type: docx 2020-2025 notional timeline.docx (31.4 KB, 26 views)