View Single Post
Old 05-22-2022, 07:48 AM
Your Friendly 92Y20!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
The proper name of the Polish unit is 6th Pomeranian Air Assault Division.

In the T2k Timeline, the 6th Pomeranian AAD has one battalion roughly equivalent to the US's Delta. two airborne battalions. and three air assault battalions, plus support personnel such as recon vehicles, artillery, REMFs, HQ elements, etc,
I was lucky enough to have one of the 6th's (at that time a brigade) companies guarding the base I was stationed on in Bosnia. Wonderful guys, their NCOs were tough as nails and great friends. Many of the professional troops had years of experience on UN peacekeeping missions dating back to the 80s.

I'm using GDW's larger orbat for the 6th for this timeline, it reduces the effort I need to expend in re-writing the Battle of Czestochowa and I would justify it by saying that they called up recently discharged vets to beef up the force structure!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning. You know, one time we had a hill bombed, for 12 hours. When it was all over, I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' body. The smell, you know that gasoline smell, the whole hill. Smelled like... victory. Someday this war's gonna end...