View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_uk View Post
Excellent work rainbow! Watching this grow over the last few years has been a an absolute pleasure and I am glad that you have come to a final(ish) product.

Your decision to go with the RLC rather than its predecessors for combat service support is to be commended. I am still bogged down with finding pre options for change RAMC RMP and a new one the Intelligence corps. Which will take rather a long time!

Did you ever get a full ORBAT For the regular RMP?

I enjoyed your articles on soviet activity and of course your items on south west UK. I came up with the idea for a new RACTR a few weeks ago and came on here to find you had already beaten me to it!

I look forward to future developments. What's your next main effort?
Cheers Dude...I'm glad you like it - it may have never got as far as it did if you and I hadn't bounced some ideas back and forwards a couple of years ago.

With regards to the RLC, I think it does make sense - I kinda reached the conclusion that even without Options for Change that was something that could have happened. I got some stuff from the various RMP Regiment's own official websites, most of which had quite good historical info, but they do seem to have went through more changes than a lot of other Corps! I struggled a bit on the Intelligence Corps as well, and eventually went with the theory that Int Corps personnel in southern England would come under the UKLF HQ headcount, so didn't list them separately.

BTW, with regards to the Royal Armoured Corps Training Centre Regiment, I've spent a considerable amount of time trying to think of a better name for them so if anyone has any suggestions, feel free to shout...I've thought about 5 Royal Tank Regiment but discarded that on the basis that it's a composite Regiment with tankies, Dragoons, Hussars, Lancers, etc all under command. I've also thought about something involving the Princess of Wales (bearing in mind in this work William is King and there is no Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment, so it seems to have a certain logic...Diana, Princess of Wales' Own Regiment, RAC...something like that).

I still need to complete the sections on marauders and large lawful groups, so that will probably be the next biggish thing...that should give a relatively rounded product...if I can get that done bythe end of the year I'll be reasonably happy....I haven't thought too far beyond that at the moment to be honest.

Cheers