View Single Post
Old 12-02-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT0001 View Post
I have been reviewing some of the material for the Jackson Republic. I have decided to make some changes:
  • Replace the Lewis MG with the .30 M1919A6 model. The pan magazines held too little ammunition for the weight.
  • Add about eight to sixteen M116 howitzers, 75mm, 9,600 yd eff range, 3-6 rpm, about 1,440 lbs to address the KFS's 105's. Yeah, the 105's out range the M116's but they are transportable by the H-34 helicopters and towable by any truck at least 3/4 ton the Republic has.
  • Going to add six to eight FM-2 Wildcats to counter the P-47's. It uses a variant of the Wright R-1820 engine like the H-34 helicopters do.
I am considering changing the organization of the combat units also.
Don't change it the original version is great, setting the KFC and JFS as equal rivals seems terribly dull and unrealistic.

I do suspect the JFS would have developed something far simpler in terms of anti armour warfare. Such as the Panzerfaust or the RPG which would give even the smallest squad, some sort of a realistic armour punch. And those weapons have been hand made in sheds since they were invented.

One thing I always found terribly unbelievable is the KFS having fleets of M1s and M2s. Without the hitech sights, communication equipment etc why bother. And unless the KFS has millions of gallons of hi quality fuel they'd be too slow to do anything useful and a realistic enemy would stick to ambushing their over extended supply lines.

More realistic I'd think would be v300 and v600s, they're from an engineering point of view pretty much a yellow school bus with guns.
A fairly basic maintenance vehicle could switch out engines or tow them and the on board crew could probably change a busted tire.

The SADF in it's various border wars left its tanks behind for all but the most show cased battles. And a fast, heavily armed (if you don't have your own tanks they're all terrifying), long ranged strike force of wheeled vehicles would be terrifying for a foe. I mean with the Stryker brigades it's pretty much current US strategy.

http://www.jedsite.info/afv-charlie/...v600/v600.html

I think this would be the most likely "M1 boogy man" to scare the KFS's enemies. Perhaps equipped with first generation ERA armour (relatively simple and cheap to manufacture).