View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project_Sardonicus View Post
The KFS are closer to the conscripts the USSR sent into Afghanistan or Chechnya. Who can be best summed up by one Russian general when discussing their seizure of an airport in the Kossavan war.
"What are they going to do? What they always do get drunk and sell their weapons"
I never got this kind of impression about the KFS when I read the material. I always feel it is more an integral nationalist state, more like Mussolini's Italy or Nazi Germany. While they don't feel full on fascist, they still feel nationalist to me.

Given that the KFS was started by industrialist expecting a troubled and war torn world, it is not unreasonable that they might have a small number private military contractors. This would give a core for training an army later with some skill. While the KFS has kept the military for rich family members to lead over the 150 years or so, it is not some band of irregulars that would be ill trained and naive. The KFS forces and JR forces would be close in capability and training.