View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 08:47 PM
Sabre Ready!

Send a message via AIM to Panther Al

I've for the most part always played in the southern front, as I mentioned a while back for the obvious reasons that you already mentioned. Here was our groups take.

Austria, for better or for worse, can best be described as an organised free fire zone. Organised in the fact that the various national units are not scattered to the 3 winds like in Poland, yet, because of the sheer number of different units from different nations, all intermixed to one degree or another, whose lines, while more or less defined, are pretty porous due to the terrain.

Regarding Character Creation, here is what we went by:

Using the German setup as base, all references to Tac Missile was replaced with Heavy Gun due to the restrictions against Austria having guided weapons. No Airborne, nor Special Ops: We figured the special operation types they do have are more along the lines of the Rangers.

Wartime skill picks was however allowed to take up to 2 points in Tac Missile: Be it from hands on training with captured equipment, or formal training by the German Army.

Obviously, No Navy or Marine paths.

Personal Weapons:

Using at the time only what was published, this is what we used.

GB80
MPi69
Steyr SSG069
Steyr AUG (And Variants - we had a house rule that for 400 bucks (S/-), you can pick up the parts to convert from Carbine, to Rifle, to LMG - 2kg)
MG3
M3 Carl Gustav.

Just my 3 cents from playing many a campaign in the area.

Proud fan(atic) of the CV90 Series.