View Single Post
Old 03-21-2015, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
I believe Nuke11 means in general. There would have been more factories, warehouses, and supply parts depots for these civilian components versus trying to find the correct drive train parts for the 5ton truck drive train used on the V150. Commercial diesel motor if you supply some to police or state survivors and a commercial transmission in either case.
Still not seeing why this is a factor. MP vehicles aren't stock, and indeed many of the most important parts couldn't possibly be taken from civilian sources or even military sources, they would have to be stored and/or actively produced by the Project itself. Even if you could use civilian parts, you probably would not want to - that Gurkha probably tears through parts a lot faster than vehicles built from the ground up, but that isn't a big deal because it is not intended for frequent use and exists in a parts-plentiful world!

As another side note, the F550 is only actually produced in a few places, and I worked for a network of Ford dealers at one point - those parts are not commonly available. They are actually kept in a relative handful of places, and the relative ease of getting them currently is a factor of our high-functioning transport network. Depending on that system is less realistic than having your own stored parts and manufacturing capability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmySGT. View Post
Meh, the V-150 of 3rd edition is an APC with enough armor to survive hits by 7.62N armor piercing and 155mm HE fragments with detonation at minimum of 50 meters. The same standard for the M113. The Stryker is better surviving hits from 14.5mm due to the reality that this is common on 3rd world technicals.
The combat domain of the last 20 years is a big part of the reason I went with the Stryker when constructing a new campaign - vehicles impervious only to 7.62 are going to be frequently vulnerable to hostiles who can raid the local Gander Mountain for .50cal rifles and who can line the road with IED's.