Thread: Police Forces
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
What do you guys see happening to belligerents' prison populations?

I think they would be culled for military manpower. People with minor or non-violent felonies would be released if they agreed to join the military. Only the really dangerous folks would remain behind bars. A reduction in the prison population would also mean that corrections officers (prison guards) would be available as well, either for the military, or to transition to police duty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by copeab View Post
Depending on their offenses, one of:

(1) drafted into the military

(2) sent to labor battalions

(3) executed
First I am assuming that by prison you are also including jails. Going on that assumption I do not think that Copeab is close depending on the time point. The later in the time line we are talking the more draconian it will be.

Overall I think most that are able in body and mind (this I think is the bigger issue those with serious metal illness) will be offered the choice of joining, but I do not see many (if any) being forced to join tell the draft is started, then they would be treated like draftees. For those who are unable/unwilling to joining the military I think most of them will be used for labor either as a labor battalion, or prison labor doing manual labor/menial tasks (making big rocks into little rocks, and the such). For the most most violent (and those who kill in prison) I could see them being executed, but more likely they would be killed in the act or when it gets bad enough that they decide to call it quits at the prison I would not be surprised to see those few still in prison to just be left locked in there cells.