View Single Post
Old 11-12-2021, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
It sounds like you've made a mid-1998 campaign in Sweden work pretty well, Admiral.
Thank you. I appreciate your work, as well.

Quote:
For example, I do want a US MarDiv in Sweden c.2000, but in v1, all the Marine Divisions are spoken for. Moving the entirely of US XI Corps changes the situation in N. Poland too drastically. Creating a 7th MarDiv also doesn't feel quite right.
Agreed. I did leave the door open for a US Marine sub-unit, of undefined size.

Quote:
I don't want to play straight a v4 rules game in Poland because I've played plenty of v1 and v2.2 there already. If it ain't broke...
Me, too.

Quote:
If I ever end up using the v4 rules, I want something different setting wise- Sweden fits the bill quite well. Trouble for me is, IMHO, v4 makes a hash of the alternate history, both in the lead up to the war and in the way the war itself plays out (especially in Sweden). It just doesn't work for me.
Ditto, that's why I'm only keeping a few bits of it.

Quote:
I might just bin my attempts at aligning v4 and v1 and put together a hybrid alternative timeline where Sweden is invaded by Soviet forces early on in the war. I think that would be pretty easy to justify, geopolitically/strategically. An early war starting point would give Sweden plenty of time to develop that gritty, shot-up, worn down, tired out feel that is such a big part of classic T2k.

That said, I'll probably keep tinkering on a v1 alignment. I'm not quite ready to give up yet. -
Sure. I keep wanting to pull out Arctic Front again and again, and see what scenarios I can derive from playing the optional Soviet offensive in that game.