View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 10:12 PM
The Stat Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChalkLine View Post
Just a technical note; the term 'Jihad' means 'struggle' or 'striving' and is a holy state. For acts of terrorism or religious fanatacism, acts that are patently un-Islamic in the view of most Muslims, the proper term would probably be 'Hirabah'. Another term would be 'Fasad', or 'war crime', and terrorists should probably be referred to as 'Fasadis'.

As you are a publisher, I thought I'd take the liberty of pointing it to you, because I can understand that points like that would probably appeal to a wider audience. In my inarticulate way I'm trying to be helpful
A friend of mine is part of a Jordanian family who owns three Shell stations in the area where I live. He goes by the name "Mike;" quite frankly, my American mouth can't properly pronounce his real name. I asked him several years ago if anyone was giving him or his family trouble because they were from the Middle East.

We were talking about Al-Qaida, and he told me, "Those people are not Muslims. They are simply evil, because they use Islam to trick people." You'll find that's the outlook of 99.9% of Muslims in this world -- they abhor what terrorists are doing in the name of Allah.

Entirely too much T2K stuff here: www.pmulcahy.com