Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2018, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Could be, Swag. You make a compelling case. The feed on both weapons, as you pointed out, is similar. The barrel, however, looks more like that of a DShK than the HS.404- note the ribbing, down almost the entire length of the barrel, and the taper near the ad-hoc muzzle brake- both feature prominently on the DShK. the HS.404 has much less visible ribbing and no discernable tapering. Also, the front post sight on the anti-materiel rifle is nearly identical to the one on a DShK. The HS.404 doesn't have one.
The older M74 variant 20mm had a ribbed barrel too. I also thought it had a very large box magazine hanging down to boot (which a "duska" wouldn't have). In my defense, I was looking at it on my company-issued LG Flip-Phone. I usually use my S7 as a "wifi hotspot" for my laptop. This time I forgot my Galaxy at home. Seeing it on my laptop, it is obviously a DShK. Why on Earth they put that god-awful huge "harmonica brake" on it is beyond me. It's at least TWICE the size of an M82's brake. The "mag" I was seeing must be a big feed tray as it is missing from other photos of the weapon.

This does lead me to an issue I want to let the forum know about. When using the LG (3G), I wasn't always able to bring up a keyboard in Tapatalk. I could NOT bring up a keyboard with EITHER the LG OR my S7 in the Search Forum Function. Is this just me or is that part of Tapatalk just bugged? This is the first time I have ever used Tapatalk so I'm not familiar with it.