View Single Post
Old 06-27-2009, 01:04 PM

I think this may have been discussed at one point on the old boards, but I can't recall for sure...Re: adventure ideas, I'm sure someone once mentioned a scenario where their group met a group of Swiss Guards who were taking Pope John Paul II's body back to be buried in his native Poland.

I'm assuming that Rome would probably have been a target for NATO nukes, but I'd say it's quite plausible that the Vatican's sources might have got some forewarning and the Swiss Guard were able to evacuate the Pope and others to another location, perhaps the Papal Summer Palace Castel Gandolfo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Castel_Gandolfo

From there perhaps the French might offer the Pope sanctuary? Avignon (for example) has a long association with the Papacy, and it might suit the French diplomatically to offer the Pope a safe haven, thus enhancing their reputation with catholics around the World? Another option might be to move to Switzerland, but from a gaming perspective France appeals to me more.