View Single Post
Old 10-22-2008, 02:19 PM
Administrator

Send a message via ICQ to kato13

The legal issues are what have totally prevented me from getting serious about this. I believe the work of the DC working group falls into a gray area between "Fair Use" and "Derivative Work". Given the amount of time and research that went into it, it could be considered a totally new work.

That is why i thought it might be a good starting point (if they were gracious enough to let us use it in that way). From my perspective however, it would be safer to call it a post-apocalyptic wiki and not use the names of any named characters, nor any text from any published game source.

My post-apocalyptic community wiki idea came out of my Morrow plans. I wanted to use freely available information like census, agricultural, crime, and business stats as a core. Adding the locations from my mapping database to provide a prewar view of what was near a particular community. I would then leave it up to the wiki users to decide what the post war fate was. Fleshing out any details they wanted to. I still think it is a good, completely legal protected idea. Hopefully something will come of it soon.