View Single Post
Old 03-10-2019, 06:46 PM
Registered Registrant

I'm inclined to think that most (if not all) of them would have been bombed by either side to prevent their use by the enemy but I'm thinking that if, as the GM, you're feeling a little kindly towards the Players, you could let them discover one that hasn't been rendered totally inoperable, just to make life a little easier for their PCs

As a side note, I saw a number of places along various rivers where the banks were shallow enough to drive directly into the water but I think the riverbed is far too soft to support vehicles - I sank to my ankles in some places within a few steps from the bank. It seemed that most of the rivers had soil beds and not stone, rock etc. etc.
As a gaming and/or flavour element, you could have vehicles (of either side), abandoned just into the water due to having sunk into the wet sand/mud. This could (and again, if you're feeling kindly towards the Players), give the PCs some needed salvage or if they don't have vehicles maybe they can attempt to recover them. Depending on how tough you want to make it for them, the vehicles could have been destroyed in place or stripped of most parts and so on but maybe the original owners (and subsequent looters) missed a box of ammo or some ration packs, a spare tyre etc. etc.