View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 03:01 AM

Did that one. I had a silted up M113 as a resource the players lusted after for its nice, straight compressed aluminium armour. As you said, everything else was no good although I did let the team mechanic strip the engine for good parts. We had two actual mechanics as players so our maintenance rules were pretty complicated and good parts gave you bonuses to rolls.

The problem the players had was, as therantingsavant said, it was on a muddy sand bar about twenty metres off the riverbank. They had to retrieve it from the river somehow without a boat but the area was known to have OPFOR sneaking about with SVDs looking to be offensive.

In the end they planned a brilliant operation involving patrols and an engineer op to get cables out to it, rock the wreck back and forwards to break it free from the mud, and then attach floats to the wreck to get it to shore. As a reward I let them mount the M113 armour as stand off armour on their light vehicles for RPG protection which was their biggest threat in that campaign.