View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Very nice. I particularly like the historical tone- it's very much in keeping with some of the writing in the U.S. and Soviet Vehicle Guides from v1.0. Good work.

You asked about units in/around NW Poland in the winter of 2000. I'm assuming you meant NATO forces? If so, the U.S. XI Corps apparently stayed behind, during/after Operation Omega/Return. It consisted of:

50th U.S. AD (2200; 33)
4th Canadian MB (1000; 6)
116th U.S. ACR (600;8)
2nd U.S. Marine Division (3400; 14)

This is from Going Home.

Here's a Corps level deep reconaissance and rading unit that I made up that operates in the region: http://forum.juhlin.com/showthread.p...light=commando

If you're also looking for PACT and newly independent units operating in NW Poland, let me know.

Once piece of constructive criticism: I think 43 kills is way too high a tally in the jet age. The top scoring jet ace of all time (Israeli, Giora Epstein) has something like 17 kills and that was across three wars. A few ME262 pilots scored around 16 kills (in jets) as did a couple of Korean War jet pilots. I think 13 or 14 kills would be more realistic for a pilot of the background which you described.
Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm actually looking for units in early 2000 as an alternative to the 2nd Marines.

Fair comment on the kills I will reduce but probably keep in the 20s as the fighting will be far more intense than the quoted wars.