View Single Post
Old 04-08-2012, 03:10 AM

The 1st Airborne Brigade (aka the Parachute Regiment) would probably have had a full Gurkha Battalion assigned to it (IRL a Gurkha Battalion was assigned to 5th Airborne Brigade in the late 80's). However as 1st Airborne Brigade was brought back to the UK in August 1998 chances are its Gurkhas would have returned with it (which gives the possibility of Gurkhas in the UK).

The idea behind Mandalay Company was similar to the Gurkha Incremental Companies that James mentioned, i.e. an entire Company transferring en masse. The reason I chose the Grenadiers was because I liked the idea of a mixed group of Gurkhas and Guardsmen as NPC's, however I may have made an error choosing 2nd Grenadiers as they don't appear to be assigned to 4th Division after all (I had to go into work on Good Friday and actually wrote the whole thing at work in around 75 mins).

Using 24 Airmobile is a good idea but as this is intended to be compatible with canon it would have to be 6 Airmobile - either that or 24 Infantry Brigade, which didn't deploy to Germany until August 1997 (which would probably work).