View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Registered Snow Shoveller

Ahoy there, new person chiming in.

I've been interested in a "Twilight" type of game for some time, now. Even though I'm "only" 20 years old, my interest in history has always drawn me towards the good ol' East-West Conflict. I got into Twilight 2000 v2.2 a while back, thanks to my friend getting a hold of his dad's old stuff; despite the inability to play the out-of-his-league civilian type, it was still loads of fun.

Ultimately, however, despite my personal interest in the Big Bad Red Menace and things May Have Been, it's really not that culturally relevant to me. I mean, honestly, I was 3 years old by the time the whole Cold War thing was over and done with. The aftereffects, of course, are relevant, but it took a while for me to be old enough to care about them While I do think it's interesting, and I like reading up on it... ultimately, I was born too late for it.

Which is why I'm actually really excited about Twilight: 2013. While there are some things in the new timeline that I don't really like (just as there some things in the old timeline I don't really like!), I find that, combined with the rules in the new edition of the game, it's all far more relevant to significant events that occured in my lifetime.

Oh yeah, plus, I dig how the new rules result in characters being incapacitated like no one's business. Neat way to emphasize that the best way to fight is to not fight at all, and, barring that, hide behind something really solid.