View Single Post
Old 01-21-2011, 05:58 AM

This is probably a bit out of the box, but from time to time I've thought about the possibility of XI Corps "catching a lift" with the BAOR when it returns to the UK.

My thinking (which I haven't gone into in any great detail as it's not something that I would use myself*) is something along the lines of HMG offering space to XI Corps on the ships sent to bring the BAOR back to the UK (possibly with whatever AFV's and heavy equipment they can get to Bremerhaven); the British might even be able to send ships right into the Baltic to pick them up.

In return for this XI Corps would then assist HMG in restoring order in the UK (and considerable assistance that would be - it would I think virtually double the manpower available to HMG). The last part of the deal would involve HMG supplying transport for XI Corps to ultimately return to the US (and Canada) some time towards the end of 2001 (Of course I'm sure anyone that wanted to stay in the UK would be made quite welcome...). Again, this would be with whatever AFV's etc they had brought with them from Europe, so there is a long term benefit there for (presumably) Milgov. Also saves Milgov having to arrange a second evacuation.

So...really just a random thought...XI Corps get a ride home courtesy of the British Government late in 2001 in exchange for six months of peacekeeping in the UK..

(*Main reason I wouldn't use it as I think that having such a large body of reasonably well equipped and experienced troops available would heavily tilt the balance of power in favour of HMG and mean that law and order would be restored much quicker, which I don't think would be conducive to decent RP'ing opportunities - for example I don't think the Duke of Cornwall or any of the separatist Governments would stand much of a chance against them)

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 01-21-2011 at 06:24 AM.