Thread: Birth Year
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 AM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

I lost my grandfather 6 April 2004 and my grandmother 21 January 2005. I had spent the last three and half years of their lives taking care of them. I had moved in to their home and provided 24/7 healthcare for them. Granddad had stopped calling me his grandson, and only referred to me as his SON. Grandmom was the same way. Begging my parents to come see them was an almost daily occurance, and everytime they would go to their house, they would drive right by my grandparents home.

My life had become nothing but taking care of them, sleeping just a couple hours a night with a monitor by my head listening for the two of them in case something went wrong.

I have friends who can't believe all the things I have done for others, and keep getting hurt when people take advantage of me. the last convention i was at, someone told me that they had expected me to become a cold heartless bastard. but i just try to be the best person I can be. i try to do the right thing, no matter what. no matter how much i end up getting hurt, i still try to do the right thing.

As for ARRP... it's been doing things that it's members totally don't agree with and is actually totally against the best interest of their members. I have been getting ARRP letters begging me to join, and i'm only 38. I sent them an email saying that I would only join ARRP if they would stop getting involved in political debates, and actually worked to get the best deals for retired people... They still haven't responded to my email..
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.