View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Out on bail

I never said I was disgruntled. If anything, I like it.
From the 80's I remember a TV-series about nuclear waste, and a police man trying to find his missing daughter. Turned out she was a environmentalist and had ventured into the sludge filled caverns beneath a nuclear facillity to look for evidence of crimes against mother earth. In the end her father the police man died from radiation poisoning, and the evil nuclear business men won. I loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters View Post
awesome book - recommend others by McCarthy like "Child of God","Blood Meridian" , "The border Trilogy" . Different but awesome.

As for running out of the bunker and into the carefully planned open fields of fire that around it ( an area that is at least partially encircled by an elite brigade of NDP) , -yes it is choosing the bleaker route.

Of course -staying inside a nuclear bunker with red warning lighst flashing and sirens going "AAA--OOOO-GAAAH!" every 5 seconds isnt actually less bleak.

You guys did say you wanted :

unpredictable scenarios
darker mood
hopeless,desperate battles against overwhelming odds
the horrors of modern warfare
sachlichkeit
higher death rate
less admin and more bullet time

dare I say-"check " on all of the above?