View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
The Bradley uses a 25mm M-242 Bushmaster ChainGun. The Apache uses a 30mm M-230 Bushmaster II ChainGun. They can't share ammo.
Yes, this is technically true, however the book states this aircraft is "luckily" an earlier model armed with the 25mm gun.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webstral View Post
Are the numbers for additional 8th ID equipment found in the Eastern European Sourcebook? I've never seen it, and from what I have heard about it I don't think I care to. From what people have written about it, the work is so shoddy that it detracts more than it adds. Perhaps it would be better to ignore the whole thing. (I know--easy for me to say, since I have no investment in the thing.)
Personally I feel the book isn't half as bad as some say. Yes, it has it's problems, but no more than most of the GDW materials. On the whole the information presented (specifically unit strengths and locations) is quite useful even if the layout and some of the writing leaves something to be desired.
It also needs to be remembered that it is not 1.0 cannon, but 2.0/2.2. It was in fact one of the last books published for T2K.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webstral View Post
I'd think that these assets would have been consolidated at the army level by 2000.
Perhaps these aircraft and other systems were assigned to the 8th before the offensive specifically because they, and pretty much them alone, were to secure the left, or northern flank of the spring offensive? If this is taken as true, then 42 M2s might be accurate (if we ignore the statement that most of the infantry rode in trucks), although I tend to doubt it.

Nothing happens in isolation - it's called "the butterfly effect"

Mors ante pudorem