Thread: Gibralter
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Six View Post
You've got a minor canon conflict with 2nd Battalion, Royal Green Jackets....per the Boomer module (pg 12), 2 RGJ are deployed to Norway in December 1996 (off hand I think excluding the Guards, the only regular Battalion not accounted for one way or another is 1 WFR, at least in V1 - V2 may differ). Also Med Cruise mentions some Gurkhas as being present (pg 16), although God knows where they would have come from!

A very minor nitpick - IRL the Gibraltar Regiment didn't get the Royal title until 1999, but that could easily be different in the T2K timeline.

Cheers
Bear in mind NATO withdraws many units from Norway. With the growth of importance of Gibraltar I assigned them there to support the base security. I'll add a note explaining this.

I have something special planned for 1WFR as my local regiment (and formerly being badged to WFR as part of 5th (Derbyshire Cdt) Bn WFR... you will have to wait for that though... :-)

As for the Gurkhas, difficult to explain, these days I would have them as a PMC but that doesn't fit. In transit possibly - I will go back and reread to see of I can come up with a better idea. Thoughts welcome.

Slipped up with the Gibraltar Rgt - I even have it in my notes! I'm inclined to make them Royal but need a reason - anyone have any thoughts on that?

thanks for the points