View Single Post
Old 06-30-2009, 08:04 AM

Let's see:

On the roleplaying side: Traveller, 2300, Cyberpunk 2020 (the new ed is bleh to say the least).

Miniatures: Used to play Battletech, but I am putting it away for a while...not to mention I am less than happy with some decisions made of late. I also play historicals (WWII)/hypotheticals (aka, 3rd World War stuff) in 20mm and 1/285. The 1/285 I use Fistful of Tows, it's simpler than Command Decision and plays faster for better results in my mind. Then, there's Ambush Alley for my 20mm, with their Force On Force Rules, there's not much you CAN'T do with the rules and they run firefights really well. Games run in 3 hours or less and they're a hoot.
I also do science-fiction in 15mm and 6mm. That's influenced by a variety of sources. I use Ambush Alley, Stargrunt II and Dirtside II for that.

Boardgames: Third World War by GDW, and a real eclectic mix of stuff from GDW and other publishers. Can't remember them all off the top of my head of late...then again, am reorganizing the collection and I sold some stuff off, including my Full Thrust stuff...I wasn't using it, but one of these days, when I find a group that plays locally, I will get back into it...

Computer Games: Hard crunchy strategy games...such as Carriers at War, The Operational Art of War III, HPS's North German Plain and Danube Front, as well as War Over the Mideast. I keep meaning to get Korea '85.

"Red Star, Burning Streets" by Cavalier Books, 2020

https://epochxp.tumblr.com/ - EpochXperience - Contributing Blogger since October 2020. (A Division of SJR Consulting).

Last edited by Jason Weiser; 06-30-2009 at 07:32 PM.