View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Did Rome get nuked?
I don't know for certain, but I certainly think it was. I'm sure there was a Challenge article at one point about Italy in 2300 which I think stated that Venice was the largest Italian city to escape destruction, so that would suggest Rome gets whacked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmulcahy11b View Post
Is the Pope even alive in T2K?
One of T2K's unanswerable questions I think...I can't recall ever reading a single word about the Pope in canon, so everyone is going to have their own thoughts. For myself, I think it's possible that the Pope may have left Rome at some point during the summer of 1997 for somewhere perceived to be safer (Switzerland maybe, although the possibility of the French offering sanctuary has come up before). Catalyst for such a move could be the Italian entry into the War.

However there's also the possibility that the Pope would choose to remain in Rome and put his fate in God's hands so to speak...

One thing for sure I think is that there will a Pope, but possibly not John Paul II. If John Paul is dead (or missing) there may even be more than one Pope, with various candidates putting themselves forward and claiming the Papacy?