View Single Post
Old 01-01-2016, 08:17 PM
Internet Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
Perhaps I misunderstood what you were saying. If you are saying that Special Perks was a strictly pre-war intelligence-gathering operation, then I see no problem with that other than the potential issue of efficiency, which is solved if the company is financially self-sufficient as an above-board business. I took the inclusion of on-site facilities, in particular the fusion plant, as indication that the Special Special Perks facilities would in some way be used post-war. And if that is the case I don't see the point - any significant opposition (Krell, whoever) is likely to notice that Morrow teams are frequenting former coffee houses and at that point you have a bunch of identified facilities and/or caches that you cannot realistically protect.

As a note, I also never liked that Morrow facilities were marked as such - like the warehouse in Starnaman, for example. Same problem, only bigger! But those at least had some capacity to be defended, either through automatic systems and/or residential staff.
This is a post- War intelligence gathering operation, similar to those run by the Maquis; French Resistance, in WW2 Paris, France.

Any Morrow Teams frequenting this establishment with the exception of a CG Leader would be unaware of its actual purpose. Though that is has electrical power and clean water might cause them to investigate (good!). The assigned PsyOps and CA teams would operate in Contact kit and influence events indirectly.

As far as Krell or other enemies, OK.... this is usually operated in the center of a former urban or suburban area and part of a community. The locals might not appreciate someone coming to burn down their coffee shop. Thus we have a departure point for adventure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfish View Post
Why does the secret facility need to be below a Special Perks in the first place? If you are assigned to it then you don't need it to be under something so consistent, and if you are NOT assigned to it then you STILL don't need it to be under something so consistent. It can be anywhere within miles and be just as effective, and if new personnel need access then they can request the location through their chain of command.
Because in this way it can be identified for story purposes without expressly writing "Morrow Industries" in bold letters on the front door. A CG Leader or higher may know from preWar briefings and smart PCs probably have some knowledge of the many MI corporate holdings.

This sort of facility allows the PD to engineer a Spy game in the Morrow Project setting.

Before you get yourself worked up and write a long reply......

Produce some original content of your own.

Critiques are welcome, but some POSITIVE feedback would be a welcome change.

Until you produce some original content of your own, I am not going to respond to your posts any longer.