View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to natehale1971 Send a message via MSN to natehale1971 Send a message via Yahoo to natehale1971

Quote:
Originally Posted by kato13 View Post
For what it is worth in the real world the Pope was traveling outside of Italy for about 40 days in 1997 (adding a bit to the list below to account for travel time). However 11 days of that was in Poland which probably would not happen in in any T2k time-line.

http://www.travelnotes.org/travel-wr...paul/97-98.htm
Actually Kato, I think John Paul II would have gone into Poland in an attempt to promote peace, and get Polish support for getting in the way of a communist victory and independence for his people. He was a very amazing man of principles. I have a feeling in the world of T2k with the Soviet Union and collapse of Communism happening, JPII would have fought to remain healthy and vibrant so he could remain as a bedrock against communism. Many felt that his declining health came from his feeling that he was finally ABLE to stop fighting, to stop standing up against such a major threat to world peace and liberty.
Fuck being a hero. Do you know what you get for being a hero? Nothing! You get shot at. You get a little pat on the back, blah blah blah, attaboy! You get divorced... Your wife can't remember your last name, your kids don't want to talk to you... You get to eat a lot of meals by yourself. Trust me kid, nobody wants to be that guy. I do this because there is nobody else to do it right now. Believe me if there was somebody else to do it, I would let them do it. There's not, so I'm doing it.