View Single Post
Old 10-09-2008, 07:23 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via AIM to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via MSN to Nowhere Man 1966 Send a message via Yahoo to Nowhere Man 1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by headquarters
I agree -from early 2007 when I didnt think about any of this up til now there has been massive turbulence I think .Maybe it has been in the works since end of WWII,maybe since the end of the cold war-either way a situation that spirals downwards in a massive way like this one makes changes possible.
As the big powers face empty coffers -smaller players might act up.Shifts in political opinions of the masses are more common when there are economical problems..

I am guessing that Belgium is going to topple in the next 2 years and split into 2 ,Iceland will go into recievership/bankrupcy ,Russia will expand its influence and gain new cards to play ..

Mucho material for a new go at a MERC 2000 campaign based on current events ..
I heard Iceland might by cozying up to Russia. So much for the GIUK Gap (Greenland, Iceland and UK Gap). I've heard about Belgium too where there is friction between Flanders and the Walloons.

Sometimes I think we are headed to a Merc: 2000 world or a Dark Conspiracy World, minus 95% of the monsters.

Chuck M.