View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 02:33 AM

Cheers RN. That's a very good analysis if we ever become independent IRL (which personally, I actually doubt would ever happen, but that's a whole other discussion...)

I do have a full order of battle for the T2K Republic of Scotland's Army on another PC, but here's a quick summary; note as I'm following a V1 timeline, it's based on the British Army Pre Options for Change:

Headquarters, Scottish Army
Strength: 90 men, 1 x FV105 Sultan, 1 x AT105 Command Post Vehicle

(This incorporates some personnel from 52nd (Lowland) Signal Squadron, 32nd Signal Regiment (TA))

Long Range Reconnaissance Group
Strength: 40 men, 6 x Land Rover WMIK

Formed from volunteers with Regular military experience; operates long range patrols throughout Scotland and fulfills the Special Forces role for the Scottish Army.

1st Infantry Battalion (Mechanised) (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders)
Strength: 365 men
· HQ Company (30 men)
· A Company (90 men, 2 x FV603 Saracen, 2 x Humber Pig)
· C Company (Quick Reaction Force) (90 men, 2 x FV603 Saracen)
· D Company (80 men, 4 x FV1611 Humber Pig)
· W Company (75 men)

The Scottish Army's principal fighting force; formerly the 3rd (Argyll and Sutherland Highlanders) Battalion, 51st Highland Volunteers, TA, a TA Battalion tasked with a home defence role. Was retitled 1st Infantry Battalion of the new Scottish Army at the start of 2000 but retained the A & SH title.

2nd Infantry Battalion (Black Watch)
Strength: 360 men
· HQ Company (30 men)
· A Company (90 men)
· B Company (100 men)
· C Company (90 men)

Formed around a cadre from Z (Black Watch) Company (HSF), 2nd Battalion, 51st Highland Volunteers, augmented by personnel recruited locally during 1999; has retained the Black Watch title

Fire Support Group
Strength: 45 men, 1 x FV107 Scimitar, 1 x FV601 Saladin, 1 x Stalwart gun truck, 3 x Land Rover WMIK, 2 x Milan ATGW, 3 x 81mm mortar

In addition to this the Scots have a number of locally raised militia units who operate in a home defence role.

Troops in the two Infantry Battalions wear normal British Army uniform, although many men have added a small Scottish saltire flag to the left sleeve. The Territorial Army and Home Service Force veterans have retained their distinctive Tam O’Shanter regimental headgear, whilst the personnel recruited during 1999 tend to wear floppy hats in DPM camouflage material. Militia units wear elements of British Army uniform mixed with civilian clothing. For the most part they retain their local defence role, with most of their personnel living in their local communities and spending several days at a time on duty on a rota basis.

I agree that there would be no Naval or fixed wing air assets, although I may add a few Gazelle or Westland Scout helicopters.

I also agree that most if not all Regular units would remain loyal to HMG. That said, other than a small detachment of Regulars at Fort George (who have stayed loyal to HMG) don't envisage any significant Regular Army units being in Scotland.

Cheers

Last edited by Rainbow Six; 12-23-2009 at 04:34 AM. Reason: Dodgy Grammar