View Single Post
Old 01-29-2010, 03:31 PM

Location: Equaly at home in the water, the mountains and the desert.

If I could only have 2 handguns in the world one would be the S&W Model 29 in .44 magnum, good for some hunting but also a good defense weapon.

As for pure combat the Browning in a cocked and locked status, it holds 12 rounds which is good enough, but it points so easily it really is a natural extension of the hand. Now days, it can be had in .40 which is close enough to .45 that the argument of the 9mm being to light is rendered moot.

If it was general purpose for combat, I could go with any of the Sig series be it the P226 9mm full size or the P228 combat or the P220 .45, all play a good durable double action weapon with a more modern design.

IF I am needing a weapon for purely backup, a snubby in .357 using .38 special hollowpoints is good and then just rely on my long arm.

As for the ultimate survival weapon, a Ruger MkII or Browing Buckmark since it coulbe be used for defense as a TOTAL LAST DITCH weapon, but also, it would be critical for putting small game and thus meat in the stew pot. Ammo can be had and carried in huge quantities as well.

So that is my take on if you need a pistol.