Thread: Diving Depths
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 AM

Default nah..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusilier
He probably should.

Most people can't dive deeper than 50 meters. After that it becomes a technical skill and usually requires special gases for mixing/blending. Do it wrong and you can guess what happens. In twilight 2000 I would guess making this possible (having the resources for acquiring the mixes such as helium) would be a challenge.

Only the most skilled/experienced have only really done around 150+ meters, and that requires top of the line gear and perfectly engineered trimix.

Well , as I said a couple of times already - its still in principle a soft neoprene suit ,fins ,mask etc like an amateur set for PADI style recreational diving , even if the tanks are filled with trimix or helium mix and the materials ,suit regulators and masks etc have to be of a "technical quality"

So -yes I meant meters .

with technical dive gear ( 42 m + ) and gas mix .re-read the posts guys

for recreational dives , no deeper than 42 meters as far I recall ,but thats with regular compressed air in the flasks .

The questions pertain to a merc 2000 campaign run by the general -so finding gear ,getting the gas mix etc will not be a huge problem .