View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 01:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raellus View Post
Although it's disappointing on a personal level (I have a bit of skin in the game), crowd-sourcing content for T2k is a brilliant strategy by Free League. They don't have to lift a finger but they still get a cut of the profits. To be fair, this is fast becoming a standard industry practice, so they're just getting ahead of the curve.

A bigger, more general concern, though, is quality control. Are they seriously going to carefully vet every single fan-generated submission? Even if they do, the signal-to-noise ratio could make it difficult to sort the good stuff from the bad.

-
I share your concern Raellus - especially since fan generated submissions could very well end up contradicting each other - a point in fact would be the Kenya submission you did in the original fanzine versus what I released later - or the fan content for the 7th Engineers that is on several fan canon modules on the Facebook groups. Its great work but the actual Engineering unit for the 7th Light Inf is the 13th Engineers - the 7th was assigned to the 5th in Poland - i.e. it was part of what got destroyed at Kalisz and was never in Korea - so you could easily get very contradictory releases