View Single Post
Old 04-12-2019, 03:36 AM
A bad tomato

Hi all

After a long hiatus I found time to tune and develop my script.

It should sort the generated NPC more efficiently and correctly than before.

More intuitive input system to make it easier to ask the script what will happen.

Tweaked the script so that cargo vehicles and trailers with liquid tanks will get liquid goods in them and vice versa that they will not get "solid" goods on them. However non-tank cargo and trailers will still have a chance of getting liquid goods. (lots and lots of jerrycans and drums)

If a cart or trailer becomes chosen, the script will also add animals to draw the cart/trailer. If it is a 1-ton trailer, just mentally image that there are more horses pulling.

And some more stuff I can't remember.

But please try it out and let me know what you think or if it is to any use.

After downloading the package, unpack it somewhere to a folder/path that don't have any blank spaces in it. Not doing so may cause the script to crash. It is on my todo list to change those lines that that issue to another solution. After doing so, run the "Random Encounters Script.bat", and you should be getting a commandprompt-window that will run the script.

Edit add: The log file is created in log folder under the Encounter Generator mapp, which also contains the .bat.

Edit add number 2:
Big thing. I notice I had focused a lot on the Group branch of the script so right now it seems that the script won't save anything from the Item branch or Animal branch to the log-file, but it will display that information in the command prompt window. Fixing this will my next big thing to rework.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/pf5qh8eoj1...lease.rar?dl=0

Last edited by Lurken; 04-12-2019 at 05:31 AM.