View Single Post
Old 08-26-2018, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guncrazy View Post
Yes the M198's are 5km out and the PCs (or at least one of them) did scout outside of town and "prep" likely routes as well, AT mines have been placed at strategic locations, and they were made with an outstanding success roll (the few they have made). I was going to make a roll to see if the Milita's vehicle convoy does indeed roll over the mines (they likely will with a roll of a 1 by the PC)

As for multiple FOs there are certainly more out there, however I have to ease the players in since they are not familiar with modern day realistic military tactics and doctrines. So I will be cutting some slack in some areas. After all it should be fun first and foremost. Its also another reason why the players chose to a more "Postman/Jericho" style campaign, though 2 of the characters are military. One Force Recon marine with sniper terms, One Doctor with med school ( I guess he wanted to be the "cleric") and the other is a civilan construction worker, criminal, and former prison imnate who was drafted as a deal to get out of prison.

I was going with Artillery reigning down every 4 turns until either taken out or the FOs are taken out. They would have had a working Tank Breaker but they failed their gunsmithing check to fix it. And now the city is down to only a single 81mm mortar for infantry support. The Militia really wants Mr Jackson (The NPC who has PHDs in metallurgy and Civil Engineering) I figure in such dire times educated people would be worth their weight in gold and extreme measure would be taken to secure them, willingly or not.
If the guns are that close (need a reason? commo range of hand helds), I'd be engaging in an "Artillery Duel" with them using the 81mm. The PCs could get lucky. This WILL have an adverse effect on the Militia's morale too. The PCs just need to close the 1km gap and achieve a good (covered) firing position.