View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 11:38 PM

I bought it yesterday and roughly read it (It's almost christmas, and I was being curious).

I found that they did a good job with the rules but I'm accustom to the old ones and will certainly not use them.

I found them very poor when it comes to equipments and even more so when it come to illiustration (a pity).

I disagree with the timeline but I might find some more inspiration from it. It's not only because I'm french but simply because I don't see France launching nukes at Belarus (that would be suicide and even more stupid to do it from the Baltic Sea). Then, lets suppose that it happens. I think that it will result in full scale revolution with execution of the president and government by the people . France sided against the war in Iraq and there is good reason for this among its population. Even with the death of 10000, I can't see the french people supporting a nuclear attack. However, they could back a conventional attack that would be carried out with the Russians (happy about getting Belarus back) and they would certainly accept the creation of concentration camps holding east europeans refugees . There are some fun ideas into this timeline, nevertheless, but as someone told me (about mine), it goes too fast and the world would need a little more time for military build up. I personnaly think that the Russians are currently improving but they see them as too interventionist (Ukraine is too big for them). In the meantime, US is too weak and we are far from a European defence.

As a result, I won't do much with this game but I was happy to read a full version