View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 03:37 PM

Good question Chalk. I badly wanted to run a vehicle based game in T2K. So i looked hard into how the game would run, work, and what challenges the players might face - because vehicles dont get a great show in T2K.

I havent run a game, but i put a bit of time and effort into planning for one. I was going to have players play Commander, Driver, Gunner + an NPC.

The players would have an MBT/APC of their choice, and have a street patrol to carry out in urban Iraq.

I have a good post sitting at work, so i will pull it out monday (I'm on annual leave today). It listed a heap of points and in most cases solutions/ideas.

For example one of them was for the commander. An important member of the team, but how to involve them rules/action wise? Leadership skill should be used often. Maybe for every driver check +/- half the difference the Commander passes his leadership check by. A good commander helps, while a poorer one would hinder more often than not.

Another thing i heavily considered was having hte commander make a "tactical roll" in order to see how the tank is positioned defensively (making enemy to hit rolls harder) and offensively (does his own tank have a clear shot).

I hope to post more on Monday.